GLIN==> GLIN ==> Meeting(s) at GLREF, August 6-7-8

Posted on behalf of Tom Stanton, <tstanton@ermisweb.cis.state.mi.us>

Friends: The Great Lakes Renewable Energy Fair line-up is looking great!
Keynote speaker par excellence, Alan Weisman, is slated for 5:30 to 7:30
on Friday, August 6.  The entire fair, including the keynote address, is
free and open to the public.  In past years, well over 1000 people attended
the Fair when it was in Traverse City.  Look at our web site for details,
which are being posted daily as events unfold:
<http://ermisweb.cis.state.mi.us/glrea/freefair.htm>.

There are workshops/seminars/discussions/lectures scheduled during four
different time slots per day, held in classrooms at Lansing Community
College.

Who in the "Sustainability" arena is interested in having one or more
sessions at the Fair?  If we hurry, we can lock up time slots on the fair
schedule.  For example, can we use this event as an opportunity to get
together with all the various groups around the state who are working on
sustainability efforts, and have a useful dialog about how to best
coordinate, cooperate, and build upon each others' efforts and successes?
Can we usefully present information about the Greater Lansing Eco-Park
project?  Is there interest in a separate "Sustainable Lansing" meeting?

There will be a Y2K panel on Friday afternoon, and a Public Utility
Restructuring panel on Saturday afternoon.  Sessions are scheduled about
solar energy, wind energy, home energy efficiency, fuel cells, etc.
Roughly four to six time slots are still open.

Let's get the ideas flowing quickly.  I'm a member of GLREA and the Energy
Fair committee.  I can carry your ideas and requests to the fair committee
to pin down the classroom space. Let me know what you have in mind.  I look
forward to seeing you at the Fair!

=====
Tom Stanton <tstanton@ermisweb.cis.state.mi.us>
voice daytime 517-334-6264 evenings/weekends 517-374-6666

To search the glin-announce archives: