GLIN==> Endocrine Disruptor Colloquium

Posted on behalf of Robert T. Heath <rheath@kent.edu>

---
          The Association for Women in Science
                         and the
           Water Resources Research Institute of
                   Kent State University

                         present

    Endocrine Disruption…From Sex to Thyroid Hormones

                     Dr. Theo Colborn
                 Senior Program Scientist
                    World Wildlife Fund

                     October 14, 1999
                        7:00 p.m.
                  University Auditorium
          Front Campus - Kent State University
                       Kent, Ohio

Dr. Colborn, Senior Program Scientist for the Wildlife and Contaminants
Program of the World Wildlife Fund, is author of numerous scientific
publications on toxic substances that interfere with hormones and other
chemical messengers that control development in wildlife and humans.  Her
work was popularized in the 1996 book "Our Stolen Future," co-authored with
Dianne Dumanoski and J. Peterson Myers.  "Our Stolen Future" has been
published in more than a dozen languages.

Dr. Colborn's work has triggered worldwide public concern with endocrine
disrupters, and has prompted enactment of new laws by governments and
redirection of research by governments, the private sector and academics.

                         ~~ * ~~

The University Auditorium is located near the corner of Lincoln Street and
Main Street in Kent, Ohio.  The Auditorium Building is located in sector A
of the campus map:    http://www.kent.edu/campusmap/

To search the glin-announce archives: