GLIN==> IAGLR EMAIL NOTES (11/21/99) - Request for Research Highlights

Posted on behalf of Joseph DePinto <depinto@eng.buffalo.edu>

---
Dr. Gail Krantzberg, chair of the IAGLR Science Advisory Committee, has
requested that we circulate the following announcement/request. Please
consider submitting a brief update on you latest research work to the
IAGLR web site.

As scientists and research managers, we have a responsibility to accurately
report the results of our research to our peers.  However, often neglected,
are our opportunities to explain our work to the public, elected officials,
and decision-makers.  Our findings should tell a story that is relevant to
the non-expert.  This will help to sustain Large Lake science, pointing out
our valid research needs, priorities, and capabilities.

Our research does result in successful resource management, policy decisions
and environmental renewal. For example, long before the eutrophication
problem in the Great Lakes was solved, researchers proved that excess
phosphorus was the cause of Great Lakes  eutrophication.

IAGLR recognizes that timely and compelling communication of research
results is of supreme importance as we move into the 21st century.  To help
us help you, briefly describe a significant new find and/or emerging issue
from your research and submit it via our form on the IAGLR web site at
http://www.iaglr.org/hot/submitresearch.html . We will help tell the
captivating stories that need to be heard by posting them on our web
site at http://www.iaglr.org/hot/findings.html . As we all contribute to
this effort over time, we will create a chronology of research findings and
developments in Large Lake science.

To search the glin-announce archives: