GLIN==> Wisconsin DNR wants hunting of doves

Posted on behalf of <LexAnima@aol.com>

---
James Tiefenthaler, Secretary of the DNR Board says: "It's a hunting
opportunity, and they're considered to be gourmet food."

DuWayne Johnsrud, Chairman of the Assembly Natural Resources Committee says:
"They're quite a bird to hunt. They're a challenge, very elusive..and
they're
delicious."

The DOVES need you to come to the DNR Board meeting next Wednesday! A
proposed "Mourning Dove Hunt" will be discussed, and we MUST show our STRONG
OPPOSITION to this slaughter!

Please come and be a voice for the gentle doves of Wisconsin.

Wednesday, January 26 / 8:30am
DNR Board Meeting
Room 27, GEF 2 Building
101 South Webster, Madison

A large "pro-dove" presence is needed there, but if you absolutely cannot
make it, then please take a moment to send, fax, or call in your opposition
and your views of the proposed dove hunt.

DNR Board Secretary
Judy Scullion
P.O. Box 7921
Madison, WI 53707

Phone: 608-267-7420
Fax:    608-266-6983

She will take all letters, messages and faxes and copy them for each of the
DNR Board members.

Tell them we do NOT want a Mourning Dove hunt.

WI DNR NATURAL RESOURCES BOARD

Trygve A. Solberg, Chair
Box 50
Minocqua, WI 54548
Home: 715-277-2709
Office: 715-356-7711

James E. Tiefenthaler Jr., Secretary
W228 N683 Westmound Drive
Waukesha, WI 53186
Home: 262-786-5458
Office: 262-513-1111

Herbert F. Behnke
N5960 Wolf River Road
Shawno, WI 54166
Home: 715-524-4423

Gerald M. O'Brien
Box 228
Stevens Point, WI 54481-0228
Home: 414-495-2439
Office: 608-828-5700

Stephen D. Willett
Box 89
Phillips, WI 54555
Home: 715-339-2032
Office: 715-339-2125

DNR
Secretary: George Meyer 608-266-2121
Deputy Secretary: Darrell L. Bazzell 608-266-2252
Executive Assistant: Francis M. Fennessy 608-264-6133

Office of the Secretary
101 South Webster / Box 7921
Madison, WI 53707

To search the glin-announce archives: