Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:16:27 -0500
To: "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com>
From: Kay Cumbow <jcumbow@greatlakes.net>
Subject: Rick Coronado

Dear Friends of the Environment,

Rick Coronado, long-time clean air activist, activist against MOX and
Fermi 2, (and all other social justice and environmental ills,) who has
been an inspiration to the rest of us workaholics (yes, all the the
non-workaholics, too) in the fight to save life on Earth from poison,
pollution, corruption and big money, is in intensive care in Windsor from a
stroke. He is in critical but stable condition.

Letters can be sent to the hospital:

Rick Coronado c/o ICU
Hotel Dieu Grace
1030 Ouelette Ave. Windsor, N9A 131

I would not have known except I heard it on CKLW (Windsor station) on my
way in to work in Port Huron, Monday. CKLW has often interviewed Rick on
environmental issues, and staff there has even bragged about how he
fights for you and I. When he debated Larry Schewchuk (sp?) from the Atomic
Energy Board of Canada on MOX last spring, CKLW was right behind him. It is
quite an honor that they think so much of him, to let the rest of the world
know that he is in hospital.

I did call Citizen's Environmental Alliance, the office he works out of
in Windsor, and left a message to hopefully get more information. If I do
get more information from anyone, I will pass it on.

Any of you who have worked with Rick, know how he has worked to link
folks together with his Green Planet Social Justice and Ecology network,
(visit: http://www.mnsi.net/~cea -and you know how he has been tireless in
the work for justice, for ecology, for the health and well-being of these
Great Lakes.

Rick, we are thinking of you and sending you healing thoughts. And
praying you will fully recover.

--- Kay Cumbow