Re: GLIN==> water volume

Chris,

    I finally got around to reading all the emails about the water
volume, but I'd like
to emphasize that I "saved" these emails because they were actually
about the subject
matter for which this listserver was created: the GREAT LAKES. If folks
don't want to
read so much email from this listserver, then please tell them not to
send so much stuff
that has little do with the Great Lakes. I'm afraid folks are taking
advantage of this
rare regional listserver to spread the word about every passionate
environmental issue.
I was personally delighted to see that there are actually parties
involved with the
Great Lakes that read this listserver; I wonder sometimes when no one
shares their
response to some of the Great Lakes inquiries.

    Furthermore, we have no chat room in which to discuss these issues,
so maybe
developing a chat would be a helpful addition. The problem is I have no
time to be
involved in one unless I'm interested in the particular subject being
discussed at the
moment; I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this problem...

     The only downside I could see to this discussion is that I'm afraid
Dave Poulson's
deadline came and went in the middle of it and he probably threw his
hands up in the air
in the meantime and muttered to himself, "I wish scientists would agree
on the facts
before it reaches folks like me". Therein lies the real crux of the
matter and I'm not
sure what the solution is...

    But again, at least the subject was the GREAT LAKES and it's these
emails I NEED to
know about, read and SAVE!

Chris Pennisi
Research Fellow