GLIN==> Semiannual Meeting of the Great Lakes Commission; May 10-12 in Duluth, MN

Preliminary Agenda: http://www.glc.org/announce/00/agenda-short.pdf
Registration Form: http://www.glc.org/announce/00/regis.pdf
Invite Letter: http://www.glc.org/announce/00/sam.html

Dear Friend:

On behalf of the member states and provinces of the Great Lakes
Commission, I am pleased to invite you to our 2000 Semiannual Meeting in
Duluth, Minnesota. The event takes place on May 11-12 at the Holiday
Inn, and will be preceded by associated meetings on May 10-11 (Great
Lakes Panel on Aquatic Nuisance Species, Great Lakes Dredging Team).

This is one meeting that anyone interested in Great Lakes St. Lawrence
environmental and economic issues will not want to miss, as evidenced by
our theme of "Setting Our Agenda: State and Provincial Priorities for
the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Region." We'll focus on the region's
legislative and appropriations priorities for the second session of the
106th Congress. We'll organize smaller group sessions to formulate
priorities and policies in the areas of resource management and
environmental quality; transportation and economic
development; and communications and information management. And, we'll
offer a point/counterpoint session, and an impressive series of keynote
speakers to stimulate discussion, debate and policy development.

On May 11, our Minnesota Delegation will host "An Evening at Glensheen."
Participants will enjoy a tour, reception, dinner and entertainment at
the historic Congdon estate on the shores of Lake Superior.

Please mark your calendar for this event, take a moment to complete and
return the registration form, and make your hotel reservations. The
deadline is Friday, April 28 for registering, and April 10 for hotel
reservations, but an earlier response is much appreciated.

A preliminary agenda is now available. A detailed version - complete
with all speakers and specific action items - will be available in
April.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response; I look forward to seeing you
in Duluth!

Sincerely,

Michael J. Donahue, Ph.D.
Executive Director