GLIN==> Environmental Permitting Symposium II

Posted on behalf of Leo Stander <stander.leo@epa.gov>

---
Conference Announcement

Call for papers

The Air and Waste Management Association, with  technical assistance
from EPA,
will be sponsoring an  "Environmental Permitting Symposium" in November
in Chicago.  Some of the agenda topics for our conference may be of
interest to you
in the Great Lakes Region.  We are particularly interested in hearing of

plans and strategies being considered for the Region and your
thoughts on the role of permitting in maintaining environmental quality
around
the Great Lakes.  Please review the attached 'call for papers' and
consider
presenting a paper or panel discussion on the management efforts being
considered.
A discussion of the concerns and issues you are addressing in
environmental planning for the Great Lakes will provide those in
attendance with information they may find useful. Although the due date
for
the abstracts is today, late submittals will still be considered.

In addition to your consideration of a presentation,  please pass this
call for papers on to others you may know who are involved with
permitting issues.

Our previous conference, held in RTP, NC in February 1999 was very
successful.  We anticipate similar success with our next one in
Chicago.  It proved to be a good training opportunity for those new to
the permitting effort and also a good opportunity to discuss permitting
issues with participants from state, local, and Federal permitting staff

as well as with environmental staff from industry.

Please consider the conference.  If you have any questions, please get
back to me by e-mail or by phone at 919-541-2402.

Thanks

Leo Stander
Operating Permits Group

http://www.awma.org/awma/confs/descriptions/permit2.htm