GLIN==> Coastal GeoTools '01 Conference Announcement / Call for Abstracts

Posted on behalf of Stephen Meador <Stephen.Meador@noaa.gov>

---
Dear colleague:

Coastal GeoTools is back!  Coastal GeoTools is the premier spatial
technology conference for coastal resource professionals.  The
conference is designed to promote the understanding and use of
technologies such as geographic information systems (GIS), remote
sensing, the Global Positioning System (GPS), and the Internet to
enhance coastal management.

Coastal GeoTools '01 will be held in historic downtown Charleston, South
Carolina, January 8-11, 2001.  This three-day conference will begin on
Monday evening and continue through Thursday morning, and will include
more than 60 expert presentations, an interactive poster session, and an
evening social gathering at the new South Carolina Aquarium.  We are
also pleased to announce that Mr. Jack Dangermond, President of ESRI,
will be our keynote speaker.

Building on the tremendous success of our last conference, Coastal
GeoTools '01 will offer more breakout sessions, special interest
meetings, and hands-on training opportunities as suggested by last
year's participants.  We will also offer a limited amount of space for
exhibitors.

The nationally acclaimed Charleston Place Hotel will provide the venue
for Coastal GeoTools '01.  Charleston Place will offer us an excellent
selection of spacious meeting rooms, an outstanding catering service,
and superlative guest comfort, including an award-winning restaurant,
exercise facilities with indoor pool, and easy access to downtown
Charleston's shops, gardens, and historic homes and churches.

We highly encourage you to submit an abstract for an oral or poster
presentation at Coastal GeoTools '01.  Abstracts are due by August 15,
2000.  Conference proceedings will be published on CD-ROM.

We think that next year's GeoTools conference will be even better than
the last one, so we hope that you will be able to attend.  Please mark
your calendars and visit our Web site at
http://www.csc.noaa.gov/GeoTools/ for information about abstract
submissions, registration, hotel accommodations, and exhibitor space.

Sincerely,

Steve Meador and Mark Jansen
Coastal GeoTools '01 Coordinators
(843) 740-1200
GeoTools@noaa.gov

If possible, please forward this message to colleagues who might want to
attend this important conference.  If you would like to be added to our
mailing list, please reply to this message with the words "GeoTools Add"
in the subject field, and include your contact information (i.e., name,
title, organization, address, phone, and e-mail).  If you would prefer
to have your name removed from the GeoTools e-mail distribution list,
please reply to this message and include the words "GeoTools Remove" in
the subject field.  Thank you.

To search the glin-announce archives: