GLIN==> GLAERC SUMMER MEETING AT STONE LABORATORY

The Great Lakes Aquatic Ecosystem Research Consortium (GLAERC), a consortium of research scientists from 12 Ohio colleges and universities, will be holding its annual summer meeting at Stone Laboratory on Gibraltar Island at Put-in-Bay, Ohio on Thursday, 3 August. This year the program is focusing on wetland research and management needs and we are opening the meeting to non-GLAERC members.

GLAERC SUMMER MEETING AT STONE LABORATORY
And
LAKE ERIE AT MILLENNIUM WETLAND WORKSHOP

12:00 Lunch in Stone Laboratory Dining Hall Optional--$8.00/person

1:00 Reception with light refreshments Dining Hall Porch

1:30 Welcome and Introductions
Jeffrey M. Reutter, Director, Stone Laboratory, Ohio Sea Grant, GLAERC, and CLEAR

1:45 Workshop “Wetland Ecosystem Function: Research & Management Needs”
15-minute presentations from a panel summarizing a variety of wetland issues and discussing a proposal they have been developing.
Drs. Virginie Bouchard (OSU), Robert Gates (OSU), David Johnson (OSU), Scudder Mackey (ODNR), William Mitsch (OSU), and Douglas Wilcox (USGS)

3:15 Break Refreshments on Dining Hall Porch

3:30 Open discussion
by other wetland researchers 5 minutes per scientist to summarize his/her wetland research

4:15 Open discussion
        to Identify and summarize wetland research needs, decide where we go
        from here, and consider the development of one or more group proposals

5:45 Dinner $14.00/person

6:30 Open for further discussion and planning

7:45 Thursday Evening Guest Lecture at Stone Laboratory
        Gary L. Isbell
, Administrator, Fisheries Management and Research Group, Division
        of Wildlife, ODNR, “Lake Erie Fisheries: Population Status and Trends”

Maps, directions and ferry information can be found on the first page of our web site (www.sg.ohio-state.edu) above the Sea Grant logo. Transportation to Gibraltar Island will be provided from our Research Building on South Bass Island before the meeting at 11:45 and 12:45. After the meeting we will transport visitors back to South Bass Island whenever they are ready.

Please RSVP with your travel and meal plans to Bonita Cordi at 614-292-8949 or cordi.2@osu.edu by 26 July. You can pay for your meals when you arrive.