GLIN==> Final Reminder - Coastal GeoTools '01 Abstracts

Posted on behalf of Stephen Meador <Stephen.Meador@noaa.gov>

---
Dear colleague-

One last reminder that the due date for Coastal GeoTools '01 abstract
submittals is tomorrow, August 15th.

Coastal GeoTools is a conference designed to promote the understanding
and use of spatial technologies such as geographic information systems
(GIS), remote sensing, the Global Positioning System (GPS), and the
Internet to enhance coastal management.  The conference will be held
January 8 to 11, 2001 in Charleston, South Carolina.

For those of you who have already submitted an abstract, we'd like to
say thank you.  You will receive a formal confirmation this week
summarizing our selection process and informing you when you can expect
to hear from us regarding selections.

For those of you who are still thinking about submitting an abstract for
GeoTools, we highly encourage you to do so before tomorrow's deadline.
Submitting a short abstract is very easy and can be done via e-mail to
GeoTools@noaa.gov, or by using our Web submittal form located at
http://www.csc.noaa.gov/GeoTools/htm/abstract_submit.htm.

Conference topics include:

Hazard mitigation
Shoreline change
Watershed planning
Habitat characterization
Regional restoration planning
Land use and community development
Port and waterfront planning
Spatial modeling
Application of new remote sensing technologies
Coastal National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI)

Conference proceedings will be published on CD-ROM.

Please visit our Web site at http://www.csc.noaa.gov/GeoTools/ for more
information about abstract submittals, conference registration, hotel
accommodations, and exhibitor space.  If you have an idea for a special
interest meeting, please e-mail us at GeoTools@noaa.gov.  Please note
that the final agenda will be posted on the GeoTools Web site in late
September.

Abstracts received after the August 15th deadline will not be
considered, so we hope to hear from you by tomorrow!

Sincerely,

Steve Meador and Mark Jansen
Coastal GeoTools '01 Coordinators
NOAA Coastal Services Center
(843) 740-1200
GeoTools@noaa.gov

If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please reply to this
message with the words "GeoTools Add" in the subject field, and include
your contact information (i.e., name, title, organization, address,
phone, and e-mail).  If you would prefer to have your name removed from
the GeoTools e-mail distribution list, please reply to this message and
include the words "GeoTools Remove" in the subject field (be sure to
include the original email address if it is different from the one you
are using to generate the reply).  Thank you.

To search the glin-announce archives: