Re: GLIN==> earthworms

Contact Mary Applehoff, in Kalamazoo, MI. She is one of the leading authorities on all sorts of worms, and has written a variety of books on the subject.

Her number is 616-327-0108.

Good Luck,

David

David W. Merkel
Technical Manager
Paperboard Division
Menasha Corporation
320 North Farmer Street
Otsego  MI, 49078

phone: 616-692-6859
email:48merdav@menasha.com
         (or) david.merkel@menasha.com

>>> <Poulsondav@aol.com> 08/29/00 03:24PM >>>

   I'm looking for researchers who may have studied the impact of earthworms
on the duff layer of  northern forests, particularly in Michigan.  The
Smithsonian has a recent article about earthworms as an exotic species that
affects life on the forest floor. It says their destruction of the duff layer
has been documented in Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New York and Canada.
I'm developing a Michigan angle for a news story. Any worm experts out there?
  I can be contacted offlist at poulsondave@aol.com
Dave Poulson
Booth Newspapers
To search the glin-announce archives: