GLIN==> New Seiche is on-line

The latest issue of the Minnesota Sea Grant's Seiche newsletter is available at
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/sep.00/index.html

Articles include:

Mapping the "Secret" Spawning Grounds of Lake Trout
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/sep.00/art01.html

A research project used a unique combination of technologies to discover
habitats off  the North Shore of Lake Superior where lake trout are likely to
spawn.

Freshwater Fauna
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/sep.00/art02.html

The new Great Lakes Aquarium in Duluth, MN, uses Lake Superior as the "lens"
though which the world's large bodies of fresh water and global freshwater
issues are examined.  Find out how Sea Grant helped in the aquarium's
development and how we will continue to cooperate.

University of Minnesota Researcher to Study Endocrine Disruption in Fish from
Duluth-Superior Harbor
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/sep.00/art03.html

The National Sea Grant College Program has awarded Deborah Swackhamer $298,000
for a two-year biotechnology project, which will be the first to offer a broad
look at how exposure to xenoestrogens (environmental contaminants that disrupt
reproduction and other functions) can effect individuals, populations, and
communities of biological organisms.

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ruffe…
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/sep.00/art08.html

…is probably contained in the studies listed in our 60-page "Research
Bibliography on Eurasian Ruffe."

..plus information on other staff activities and new products/services.
If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive a hard copy of this
publication, please send me your name and street address.  Subscription is FREE.

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
MN Sea Grant, University of MN - Duluth
mzhuikov@d.umn.edu
(218) 726-7677   Fax: (218) 726-6556
MN Sea Grant Home Page: www.d.umn.edu/seagr

A freudian slip is saying one thing and meaning a mother.
Cliff Clavin

To search the glin-announce archives: