GLIN==> FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS: Our Future Water Supply - Is there Cause for Concern?

Posted on behalf of Christina Collard <ccollard@riverinstitute.com>

---
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2001
Our Future Water Supply  - Is there Cause for Concern?
http://www.riverinstitute.com/conf.htm

May 14th - 16th, 2001
NavCanada, Conference Center
Cornwall, Ontario CANADA

We are pleased to invite you to participate in the 8th Annual International
Conference on the St. Lawrence River Ecosystem hosted by the St. Lawrence
River Institute of Environmental Sciences (SLRIES).

This year's conference chair is Dr. James H. Thorp, Professor of Biology of
Clarkson University. The conference will be held May 14th -16th, 2001 at
the NAVCANADA Conference and Training Centre in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada.
Visit the conference facility website
http://www.NAVCANADA.CA/ncti/english/Conference/Conference%20Facilities.htm

This year's theme, "Our Future Water Supply - Is There Cause for Concern",
reflects the increasing demand to question the safety of our future water
supply, its quality, quantity, and  management with a focus on the St.
Lawrence River and its watersheds.

This is the first call for papers for the 8th Annual International
Conference and all are invited to participate.  We have organized the
conference with Special Session topics, (16 Special Sessions to date)see
attached; however, the final arrangement and number of session topics will
depend on the abstracts received.

All scientific oral and poster presentations require an abstract. We
encourage you to submit and abstract for a special session or general
contributions will be accepted. If you are uncertain about the most
suitable placement of your paper, please contact the Special Session
Chairs. Contact information will be available below the each session title.
Please note that oral presentations will be limited to 15 minutes,
followed by a 5 minute question/discussion period.

Abstracts are limited  a maximum of 250 words.  PLEASE WRITE YOUR ABSTRACT
FOR A GENERAL AUDIENCE.  PLEASE NOTE ABSTRACTS WILL BE PUBLISHED AS
RECEIVED.  Abstracts are due by January 31, 2001.  Please underline the
author who will be presenting. Please forward your abstract by email to
ccollard@riverinstititute.com in Word or Word Perfect format only.  Sample
abstract is shown below - please follow this format.

Please indicate in your email message oral or poster presentation and what
format your presentation ie: slides, LCD projector, overheads and the
session you wish to participate in. Please insure all your contact
information is available with the abstract.

Information on the conference will be available on the River Institute
website as it
becomes available
http://www.riverinstitute.com/conf.htm

For more information please contact: Christina Collard, Conference
Coordinator
St. Lawrence River Institute of Environmental Sciences 1111 Montreal Road,
Cornwall, Ontario
K6H 1E1 TEL: 613-936-6620       FAX: 613-936-1803 Email:
ccollard@riverinstitute.com