GLIN==> Correction to Seiche URL

One of the URLs I listed in my previous message was incorrect.  Here's the
corrected version.  Sorry!

The latest issue of Minnesota Sea Grant's Seiche newsletter is available at
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/jan.01/index.html

Articles include:

Research Hazards

Minnesota Sea Grant scientists recall some memorable moments during their quests
for data, the "gold" of science.
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/jan.01/art01.html

The Smell of Fear:  Ruffe "Alarm" Pheromones

University of Minnesota researchers have found that Eurasian ruffe, an exotic
fish, produce a repellant smell.  These pheromones could be used to reduce the
spread of ruffe in the Great Lakes.
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/jan.01/art03.html

Expanding Seafood Safety from the Grocery Store to the Bait Store

A systematic method used to ensure food safety is now being adapted to minimize
the presence of aquatic nuisance species in fish hatcheries and baitfish
operations.
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/jan.01/art04.html

Major Zebra Mussel Infestation in Harbor Impacts Native Mussels, Boaters

A diver looking for native mussels in the Duluth-Superior Harbor finds grim
conditions due to an infestation of zebra mussels.
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/jan.01/art05.html

"What If?"  Planning a Watershed 's Future

Sea Grant is helping to sponsor a national program devoted to educating city
planners and decision makers about the way land use influences water quality.
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/jan.01/art06.html

Cooking Your Catch

Those new to angling will appreciate the information found in this free
brochure, which includes preparation guidelines, freezing information, and
cooking hints, along with recipes for Great Lakes fish.
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/jan.01/art10.html

Free Lake Superior Calendar

If you're still looking for a 2001 calendar, try our "Lake Superior Whimsy and
Fact" calendar.  It features 12 black-and-white photos and information about
Lake Superior shipwrecks.
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/jan.01/art11.html

..plus information on other staff activities and new products/services.
If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive a hard copy of this
publication, please send me your name and street address.  Subscription is FREE.

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
MN Sea Grant, University of MN - Duluth
mzhuikov@d.umn.edu
(218) 726-7677   Fax: (218) 726-6556
MN Sea Grant Home Page: www.seagrant.umn.edu

"Information to the people is the most
legitimate engine of government."   Thomas Jefferson