GLIN==> SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS - Our Future Water Supply: Is There Cause For Concern?

Posted on behalf of Christina Collard <ccollard@riverinstitute.com>

---
REMINDER!! REMINDER!!

SECOND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:  JANUARY 31, 2001
THEME:  Our Future Water Supply  - Is there Cause for Concern?
        an Annual International Conference on the St. Lawrence River
Ecosystem
DATES:  May 14th - 16th, 2001
LOCATION:  NavCanada Conference Center, Cornwall, Ontario CANADA

This is the 8th Annual International Conference on the St. Lawrence River
Ecosystem hosted by the St. Lawrence River Institute of Environmental
Sciences (SLRIES).  This year's theme, "Our Future Water Supply - Is There
Cause for Concern",  reflects the increasing demand to question the safety
of our future water supply, its quality, quantity, and management with a
focus on the St. Lawrence River and its watersheds.  Dr. James H. Thorp a
well known professor and researcher in River science from Clarkson
University is pleased to be our conference Chair.  The conference will be
held May 14th -16th, 2001 at the NAVCANADA Conference and Training Centre
in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada

This is the SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS for the 8th Annual International
Conference on the St.Lawrence River Ecosystem and we invite you to
participate.  We have organized the conference this year with 16 Special
Sessions. (To view Special Sessions visit our website at
www.riverinstitute.com/conf.html).

If you plan on making a presentation for either oral or poster
presentations do require an abstract or description of your presentation.
We encourage you to submit with a Special Session in mind.  If you are
uncertain about the most suitable placement of your paper, please either
contact the Special Session Chairs or submit through General Contributions.
However, the final arrangement and number of session topics will depend on
the abstracts received. Please note that oral presentations will be limited
to 15 minutes, followed by a 5 minute questions/discussion period.

ARSTRACTS ARE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF 250 WORDS AND WILL BE PUBLISHED AS
RECEIVED. PLEASE WRITE YOUR ABSTRACT FOR A GENERAL AUDIENCE.   Abstracts
are due by January 31, 2001.  Please underline the author who will be
presenting. Please forward your abstract by email to
ccollard@riverinstitute.com in Word or Word Perfect format only.   A Sample
abstract is available on our website - please follow this format.

Please indicate in your email message oral or poster presentation and what
format your presentation ie: slides, LCD projector, overheads and the
session you wish to participate in. Please insure all your contact
information is available with the abstract.

Information on the conference will be available on the St. Lawrence River
Institute  website at
http://www.riverinstitute.com/conf.html  For more information please
contact: Christina Collard, Conference Coordinator
St. Lawrence River Institute of Environmental Sciences, Windmill Point, 2
Belmont Street,  Cornwall, Ontario K6H 4Z1
TEL: 613-936-6620 EXT: 222 FAX: 613-936-1803 Email:
ccollard@riverinstitute.com