GLIN==> Lake Michigan Conference: First Call for Abstracts

Posted on behalf of Janet Vail <vailj@gvsu.edu>

---
Lake Michigan Conference: First Call for Abstracts
http://www4.gvsu.edu/wri
First Call For Abstracts: LAKE MICHIGAN: STATE OF THE LAKE '01 Conference

Deadline: May 2, 2001

Who:    Scientists, policy makers, resource managers, interested parties
What:   LAKE MICHIGAN STATE OF THE LAKE '01
Where: Muskegon, Michigan
When: November 6-7, 2001

Sponsors:
Convened by the Grand Valley State University Annis Water Resources
Institute in cooperation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Region 5 and the U.S. EPA Lake Michigan Forum

This is the first call for abstracts for the November Lake Michigan
Conference.  This conference follows the successful Lake Michigan: State of
the Lake '99 Conference.  We anticipate a plenary session in the morning of
the November 6th followed by 1 days of breakout sessions.  There will be
opportunities for oral presentations as well posters and displays.

Conference topics include, but are not limited to: updates on scientific
studies, exotic species, Lake Michigan management and policy issues, habitat
and biodiversity, fisheries, monitoring, shoreline and beach issues, and
Lake Michigan Mass Balance Study.  In other words, if your research or work
relates to Lake Michigan and its watersheds, we encourage you to submit an
abstract.  We are also seeking workshop organizers.

If you are interested in organizing a workshop or presenting an oral
presentation, poster, or display, please contact Janet Vail, conference
chair, via e-mail (vailj@gvsu.edu) as soon as possible.  In your inquiry,
indicate the title and type of presentation (oral, poster, display,
workshop).  Detailed information will be provided to you by e-mail upon
receipt of your inquiry.

Contact: Dr. Janet Vail
Co-chair, U.S. EPA Lake Michigan Forum
GVSU Annis Water Resources Institute