GLIN==> Aquatic Nuisance Species Resources

TO:	All Individuals Interested in Aquatic Nuisance Species Educational Efforts

FROM:      G. Tracy Mehan, Director, Office of the Great Lakes

Subject:	 Aquatic Nuisance Species Educational Efforts

The Office of the Great Lakes is in the process of compiling a listing of educational programs and resource materials regarding Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) issues of importance to the State of Michigan.  Attached is a list of programs and resource materials identified to date.

We are requesting that you review the attached list and provide our office with descriptions of additional ANS programs and/or resource material that you have developed.  Please provide a one-paragraph description with the name and address of a contact person.  We would also appreciate web site adresses providing program/resource material information.

We are also interested in ideas for new ANS educational programs and resource materials.  If you have suggestions for new educational programs and resource materials please provide a one-page description of the proposed program or resource material.

The Office of the Great Lakes will be using any information provided to update Michigan's Comprehensive State Management Plan to Control Nonindigenous Aquatic Nuisance Species.  It is possible that limited funding may be available for the development of new programs and materials.

Please provide information to:
Ms. Martha Waszak
Office of the Great Lakes
P.O. Box 30473