GLIN==> Great Lakes Strategy

Posted on behalf of Ted Smith <smith.edwin@epa.gov>

---
Great Lakes Strategy
http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/gls
Dear Great Lakes Stakeholder:

The draft Great Lakes Strategy of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement is
now available for your review and comment.  The Strategy is a concise,
high-level statement of basin wide priorities and activities, reflecting the
current state of the Great Lakes basin ecosystem and key environmental goals
for the future, so that a unified approach to implementation can be carried
out by a diverse set of federal, state, and tribal agencies. It is still
very much in draft and we welcome your comments.

This draft will also be presented at public workshops in each of the Great
Lakes basins. The workshops will be held in Duluth on June 25, 2001,
Detroit, June 27, 2001, Niagara Falls, June 28, 2001, and Chicago, July 2,
2001.

For more information on the workshop, please contact Mr. Ted Smith of the
Great Lakes National Program Office at 312/353-6571 or via email at:
smith.edwin@epa.gov

Please submit your comments on this draft to Mr. Smith

via mail:

USEPA_GLNPO (G_17J)
77 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604
fax: 312/353_2018
email: smith.edwin@epa.gov

We would like to receive your comments by July 31, 2001. We hope to finalize
the Strategy by the International Joint Commission's Great Lakes Biennial
Public Forum to be held on September 13-15, 2001 in Montreal. Thank you for
taking the time to review and comment on this important document. We look
forward to your input.