GLIN==> Change in Public Meeting Date (draft Great Lakes Strategy)

Re: Change in Public Meeting Date

Dear Great Lakes Colleague:

Per our recent mailing of May 25, 2001, announcing a series of public
meetings to discuss the draft Great Lakes Strategy, please note a change
to the date of the public meeting scheduled in Detroit, MI from Wednesday,
June 27 to Tuesday, June 26, 2001 (please see below). It has just come to
our attention that on the night of June 27, 2001 the downtown area of
Detroit will be closed to traffic for the Fireworks Freedom Festival
Spectacular, an event to celebrate the City's 300th birthday.

New Date/Time - June 26, 2001 3:00pm - 8:00pm
City (Lake Basin) - Detroit, MI (Huron, Erie)
Location - South East Michigan Council of Governments, 535 Griswold
Street, Suite 300

For all other public meeting locations, in Duluth, Buffalo and Chicago,
dates and times are unchanged. As previously stated, a draft of the
Strategy has been prepared and is ready for public consultation.  This
document and more information on the public meetings can be found on the
internet at http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/ .

On the back of this letter is a registration form to email or fax in by
June 15, 2001.  If you are unable to attend one of the public workshops,
you can provide any comments you may have to US EPA by July 31, 2001.  The
email address to provide comments is smith.edwin@epa.gov. Faxed or mailed
comments can be directed to: Ted Smith, USEPA/GLNPO, 77 W Jackson Blvd.
G-17J, Chicago, IL 60604. Fax (312) 353-2018.  If you have any questions
about the workshops or Strategy please call Ted at (312) 353-6571.  We
look forward to your participation in and support of this effort.

Sincerely yours,

Gary Gulezian, Director
Great Lakes National  Program Office