GLIN==> Tall Ship: Search for "Hope"

Posted on behalf of Barb Sydow <barb@Suamico.org>

---
I am a sailor from Green Bay, Wi. having formerly sailed in Milwaukee out of
Milwaukee and South Shore Yacht Clubs.  In looking at the tall ships I noted
the name of a very classy "Q" boat by the name of "Hope".  My family owned
and sailed/raced this boat for approximately three years from  1952 - 1954.
At the time we did not have an engine and were advised it would adversely
effect the balance of the boat to add one.  I lost track of her whereabouts
and was intrigued to find her still in action.  I would be interested in
learning who the current owners are.  I'm sure that much retro-fitting has
been done.  My parents have long since passed away, but I still sail a 30'
Morgan by the name of Merlin.  I would be happy to share my experiences on
Hope should the present owners have an interest.

Barb Sydow
barb@Suamico.org
920-826-2867 (evenings)