GLIN==> August Seiche Newsletter is Online

The latest issue of the Minnesota Sea Grant's Seiche newsletter is
available at
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/aug.01/index.html

Articles include:

Scrambled Sexual Signals
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/aug.01/art01.html

Endocrine disrupters are getting into our waterways and can impact the
sex lives of fish.

Genetic Evidence Confirms, "There's No Place Like Home"
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/aug.01/art02.html

Sea Grant researchers have found that northern pike return to their
birth places to spawn.

Minnesota Grad Earns Marine Policy Fellowship
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/aug.01/art03.html

Erik Heinen, a graduate student at the University of Minnesota Duluth,
is going to Washington, D.C., as one of the newest Knauss Fellowship
finalists.

New Poster!  America's Most "Unwanted"
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/aug.01/art08.html

The National Sea Grant program has created a poster that features
several nasty water-related exotic species.  Shipping fee is $5.

Updated Exotic Species CD Available
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/aug.01/art10.html

If you need it, we've updated the compact disk we offer of the Sea
Grant Nonindigenous Species Web site.  This handy information source
costs only $8.

..plus information on other staff activities and new products/services.
If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive a hard copy of this
publication, please send me your name and street address.  Subscription
is FREE.

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
MN Sea Grant, University of MN - Duluth