• Guest essay by Wisconsin Gov.
Scott McCallum on the need to protect the Great Lakes.
• Point-counterpoint: Should government do more to protect farmland?
• "The Last Word" -- Commission Chairman Nat Robinson on developing a consensus-based Great Lakes Protection Plan.
• States approve funding for new Soo Lock.
• Special section: Recommendations from the Great Lakes Panel on Aquatic Nuisance Species' Policy Statement on Ballast Water Management.
The Advisor is also available online via the Great Lakes Commission's home page at http://www.glc.org. Check under "what's new @ the commission" for the latest issue. For back issues of the Advisor, select Publications, Newsletters, Advisor.
Kirk Haverkamp, Advisor Editor
Great Lakes Commission
Argus II Bldg., 400 Fourth St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Phone 734.665.9135, Fax 734.665.4370