GLIN==> Minnesota Sea Grant Request for Proposals

The University of Minnesota Sea Grant Program is announcing its
biennial Request for Proposals for coastal and Great Lakes research
during February 2003-January 2005.  We will consider all proposals for
research concerning improved understanding, use, and management of
Great Lakes resources, particularly related to coastal Lake Superior
and the adjacent region.  Proposal principle investigators must be
affiliated with a Minnesota academic institution, however, we encourage
University of Minnesota faculty to develop proposals that feature
collaborative relationships with other academic institutions within and
outside of Minnesota, resource management agencies, and industries.

Our research themes are:

- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems for a Healthy Economy
- Science Supporting Sustainable Northern Aquaculture
- Communities and Urban Coasts
- New Technologies for Lake Superior
- Aquatic Science Literacy
- Addressing Minnesota's Fisheries Problems
- Seafood Science and Technology
- Reducing Vulnerability to Coastal Natural Hazards

The deadline for a letter of intent is February 21, 2002.  Funded
projects typically range between $30,000 to $50,000 per year.  We
anticipate funding 6 to 10 projects.

See Minnesota Sea Grant's Web site for detailed information:
www.seagrant.umn.edu/funding.html

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
MN Sea Grant, University of MN - Duluth