GLIN==> Ohio student awarded Ratza scholarship by the Great Lakes Commission

Amber Miller, a first-year student in Political Science and
Environmental Biology at the University of Dayton (Ohio), is the winner
of the 2002 Carol A. Ratza Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by the Great
Lakes Commission. See http://www.glc.org/announce/02/5-02miller.html

"Through my studies, I hope to help stop or slow the pollution in the
Great Lakes region by finding alternatives for municipal and industrial
water/waste disposal," Miller says. "I would also like to educate future
generations of environmentalists about the importance of keeping the
Great Lakes clean and in better condition than they found them."

Miller plans to finish her undergraduate studies at the University of
Dayton by 2005 and then attend law school, with a concentration in
environmental and medical law. She also hopes to pursue a doctorate in
biology and, ultimately, become a professor of biology at a Great Lakes
university.

The scholarship is in memory of Carol Ratza
<http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/carol/>, a veteran employee of the
Great Lakes Commission and a staunch supporter of the lakes.

Students may apply now for the 2003 award! Visit
http://www.glc.org/announce/scholar.html

The Carol A. Ratza Memorial Scholarship is supported by donations and an
annual appropriation of the Great Lakes Commission. For more information
or to donate to the scholarship fund, contact President/CEO Mike
Donahue, 734-665-9135 or mdonahue@glc.org.