GLIN==> NOW with Bill Moyers--CWA 30th Anniversary

This is the lead item on tonight's NOW with Bill Moyers....
9:30 PM EST on many PBS local affiliates....check your listings....
.....on the 30th anniversary of the enactment of the Clean Water Act

=========
TROUBLED WATERS

There’s been so much talk about the November elections, war in Iraq, the
stagnant economy and the furor over Trent Lott’s racist past that hardly
anyone has paused to remember that this is the 30th anniversary of the
Clean Water Act. We can thank the Clean Water Act for the quality of much
of the water we drink. You will hear it said that the Clean Water Act is
the country’s most successful environmental law. But environmental
protection is rapidly becoming an oxymoron in the new political order, and
the Clean Water Act is on the hit list. In TROUBLED WATERS, NOW takes a
look at the legacy of the Clean Water Act and the potential threats to it.

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com