GLIN==> What's New & Notable, 28 January 2003

Title: GLIN: What's New and Notable
GLIN home.

What's New & Notable, 28 January 2003

For daily Great Lakes news, bookmark www.great-lakes.net/news/

Happy birthday, GLIN! 2003 marks the 10th anniversary of the Great Lakes Information Network <Read more about GLIN's history and design>. The Great Lakes Commission, which maintains and oversees all development of the network, applauds all current and past funders of GLIN for their commitment and forethought in seeing the power of the Internet and how it could aid communications in the Great Lakes region. Stay tuned for special GLIN events throughout the year and continuing into 2004.

GLIN history.
Revisiting some "great" web sites!
In honor of GLIN's anniversary year, we'll be highlighting some of our past Site of the Month honorees. These sites have grown along with GLIN and are the key partners that make the regional network a success!
Great Lakes Marine Community Days
www.uscg.mil/d9/wwm/marinesafety/mcd.htm

Join officials from all levels of government and industry this week (Jan. 29-30) in Cleveland to discuss homeland security and other issues of concern to the Great Lakes marine community.

Winter Cities.

Celebrate Winter Living! Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, is hosting the Winter Cities Forum 2003, Jan. 31 - Feb. 3. This biennial conference of the Liveable Winter Cities Association is an international event that focuses on the promotion of northern sustainable community development. www.wintercities.com

Archive

If you're interested in exchanging links with GLIN or furthering your partnership
with the regional network, visit www.great-lakes.net/about/partner.html

Christine Manninen
GLIN Webmaster
Great Lakes Commission