GLIN==> Nearshore Fisheries Habitat Workshop

Posted on behalf of Stephanie Carman <carmans@michigan.gov>

---
Nearshore Fisheries Habitat Workshop
http://www.msue.msu.edu/mnfi/nearshoreworkshop.htm
Please join us for a workshop entitled,

"Research, Assessment, and Data Needs to Promote Protection of Great Lakes
Nearshore Fisheries Habitat".

April 1-2, 2003
Annis Water Resources Institute
Muskegon, Michigan

The goal of this workshop is to identify information gaps that currently
impede efforts to evaluate, manage, and protect nearshore fishery habitats
in the Great Lakes.  The workshop and proceedings will be used to inform and
guide future research goals and funding decisions.

We are seeking input from the community of agency personnel, researchers,
conservationists and other interested parties through a pre-workshop survey.
This survey will refine issues to be discussed at the workshop and provide
interested parties who will be unable to attend the workshop with the
opportunity to provide input into these very important issues.  Please take
time to complete the survey, even if you cannot attend the workshop.  We are
also accepting both oral and poster presentations for the workshop.

Please see the workshop website at

http://www.msue.msu.edu/mnfi/nearshoreworkshop.htm

for a preliminary agenda, the survey, registration and other workshop
details.  Registration is due by Wednesday, March 19th.

This workshop is sponsored by the Great Lakes Fishery Trust and facilitated
by the Aquatic Ecology Program of Michigan Natural Features Inventory.
Please contact Stephanie Carman (carmans@michigan.gov) or Reuben Goforth
(goforthr@michigan.gov) for more information.

Your participation in this survey and this effort to identify impediments to
the protection, management and conservation of Great Lakes nearshore
fisheries habitats is greatly appreciated.  We hope to see you at the
workshop in April!