GLIN==> Looking for Cyprinid Photos

Hello :

The State of Vermont recently passed new regulations guiding the importation, harvest, and sale of baitfish in the State. Among other things, the regulation specifies a list of fish species approved for use in the baitfish industry. Following this regulation, we intend to publish a booklet, or a guide, to baitfish use. One of the objectives of the booklet is to educate the angling public on the proper identification of the approved bait species. We also plan on including pages that will aid the public in identifying certain aquatic nuisance fish species.

Consequently, we are looking for high-quality photos that we could potentially use for publication in this booklet. Unfortunately, we cannot pay copyright fees, so we are searching for photos without copyright protection, or permission from authors of photos that are copyrighted - or good clear photos from people's personal collection that they would be willing to share with us.

We have already searched the internet far and wide, including sites such as FishBase. So, we don't really need suggestions of websites were photos are located. We likely have already seen these - thank you anyways.

The following is a list of species for which we are looking for clear, identification-quality photographs :

Approved Species :

Eastern silvery minnow Hybognathus regius
Fathead minnow Pimephales promelas
Bluntnose minnow Pimephales notatus
Emerald shiner Notropis atherinoides
Golden shiner Notemigonus crysoleucas
Spottail shiner Notropis hudsonius
Common shiner Luxilus cornutus previously Notropis cornutus
Mimic shiner Notropis volucellus
Creek chub Semotilus atromaculatus
Fallfish Semotilus corporalis
Blacknose dace Rhinichthys atratulus
Longnose dace Rhinichthys cataractae
Northern redbelly dace Phoxinus eos
White sucker Catostomus commersoni
Longnose sucker Catostomus catostomus
Rainbow smelt Osmerus mordax

Exotic Fish Species :
Alewife Alosa pseudoharengus
European Rudd
Scardinius erythrophthalmus
Tench Tinca tinca
Round Goby Neogobius melanostomus
Eurasian Ruffe Gymnocephalus cernuus

Other suggestions ?

Thank you.

Shawn P. Good

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by ANR]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * glin-announce is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN): http://www.great-lakes.net To subscribe: http://www.glin.net/forms/glin-announce_form.html To post a message: http://www.glin.net/forms/glin-announce_post.html To search the archive: http://www.glin.net/lists/glin-announce/ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *