GLIN==> What's New & Notable, 20 February 2003

Title: GLIN: What's New and Notable
GLIN home.

What's New & Notable, 20 February 2003

For daily Great Lakes news, bookmark www.great-lakes.net/news/

Seaway Trail celebrates 25th anniversary in 2003
www.seawaytrail.com

New York State's Seaway Trail was created in 1978 to promote the coasts of lakes Erie and Ontario and the St. Lawrence Seaway as a tourist destination and to encourage regional economic development through tourism. Related link: GLIN Lake Ontario Circle Tour and Seaway Trail

Seaway Trail.
Revisiting some "great" web sites!
In honor of GLIN's 10th anniversary year, we're highlighting some of our past Site of the Month honorees. These sites have grown along with GLIN and are the key partners that make the regional network a success!
Indiana WETlands
www.in.gov/wetlands

Access this web site to follow legislation that would affect Indiana wetlands, secure permits to preserve or alter wetlands, or just learn more about them. Hoosiers recognize that wetlands contribute in remarkable ways to our health, economy, quality of life and the well-being of the natural environment.

National Ocean Sciences Bowl
The NOSB is a nationwide academic competition among teams of high school students. Regional competitions are held around the U.S. in February with the final national competition held in April. The New York and Michigan regional competitions were both held Feb. 8 (see photos here). Wisconsin's Lake Sturgeon Bowl will be held Feb. 22 and Ohio's Penguin Bowl is scheduled for March 1.

Great Lakes Ports O'Call.

A new season of Great Lakes Ports O'Call! Tune in to this weekly television program to tour port cities throughout the system. The new season features Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.; Manitowoc, Wis.; Sandusky, Ohio; Port Elgin, Ontario; Mackinac Island and more! The program airs on PBS stations in the region. Check here for updated air times

Archive

If you're interested in exchanging links with GLIN or furthering your partnership
with the regional network, visit www.great-lakes.net/about/partner.html

Christine Manninen
GLIN Webmaster
Great Lakes Commission