GLIN==> Register now! Great Lakes Commission 2003 Semiannual Meeting

Announcing the Great Lakes Commission 2003 Semiannual Meeting
April 15-17, 2003 in Indianapolis, IN
Register now! http://www.glc.org/meeting/

Dear Friends,

Please join us for the 2003 Semiannual Meeting of the Great Lakes
Commission. Our theme is "Restore the Greatness!" and we'll be meeting
April 15-17 at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Deadlines are fast approaching! The requested registration deadline is
April 1, 2003, although registrations will be accepted up until the time
of the event. The deadline for sleeping room reservations at a special
conference rate is March 15, 2003. Please call 317-822-3500 or
1-800-228-9290 to guarantee your room.

It's a dynamic, exciting time for Great Lakes management, given a new
Congress, five new governors, new issues and challenges and, most
importantly, new opportunities. Over the course of the meeting, we'll be
assessing progress on Commission initiatives, setting priorities, and
taking policy actions to guide our advocacy efforts.

Special topics include:

* Great Lakes Restoration Plan: progress to date, future activities and
lessons learned from other experiences

* Federal Legislative and Appropriations Priorities: Great Lakes
Commission statement for the 108th Congress

* Priority Setting: multiple break-out groups to provide all
participants with a voice in setting Commission priorities

* Beach Health/Beach Closures: status report, new initiatives, policy
and program needs

* Partner Update: reports from partner agencies on their activities to
ensure environmental and economic prosperity

* Special topics during breakout sessions will include maritime homeland
security, Great Lakes Legacy Act implementation, data management tools,
and new directions in regional advocacy

Complementing these topics will be multiple opportunities for networking
in very pleasant settings. April 15 features optional tours / site
visits and an opening reception. We'll be enjoying a reception, dinner
and entertainment at the Indiana State Museum -- an outstanding new
facility -- on the 16th. We'll wrap up by noon on the 17th.

View the preliminary agenda at http://www.glc.org/meeting/agenda.pdf

Please take a moment to register online <http://www.glc.org/meeting/> at
your earliest convenience or print out a registration form at
http://www.glc.org/meeting/register.pdf and submit it by mail or fax.
And don't forget to make your hotel reservations (March 15 cut-off date)
by calling the Indianapolis Marriott at 1-800-228-9290.

We hope you can join us!

Sincerely,
Samuel W. Speck, Chairman
and