GLIN==> Thunder Bay Island Light needs help

The Thunder Bay Island Lighthouse Preservation Society is in need of your
help.

A matching grant to restore the light tower on Thunder Bay island is coming
due in June of this year. The Society still has to raise $17,000 to meet a 3
for 1 grant. Every $1.00 they receive will be matched with about $3. The
total grant is for $110,000. This is the cost to redo the tower so it will
last for our children and their children to see and enjoy as much as we do.

There is a major crack in the outer portion of the tower with lots of small
cracks running out from the major one. More cracks are being discovered
every year. The major crack is 2-3" away from the base material. If
something isn't done soon, we will lose the outer portion of the tower and
it will cost much more to repair.

The organization doesn't have the money to save the tower at this time. They
are looking for donations to help protect the state of Michigan's history.

Thunder Bay Island Lighthouse was built in 1832, and was the third
lighthouse
built on the Lake Huron Shores. It is now the second oldest original
remaining
tower in the lower portion of Michigan. Your help is needed to preserve this
history.

They need donations, memberships, or any help they can get, to help obtain
this matching grant.

If you are interested, have questions or can donate to our cause, please
contact: KarenMM@emailaccount.com or send donations to:

TBILPS
Attn: Karen Melton
PO Box 212
Alpena, MI. 49707

If you would pass this message on to others, it may just help us reach the
goal before the deadline of June 30, 2003.