GLIN==> Latest Seiche Newsletter is Online

The latest issue of the Minnesota Sea Grant's "Seiche" newsletter is
available at
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/mar.03/index.html

Articles include:

Minnesota Sea Grant Awards $678,500 for Aquatic Research
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/mar.03/art01.html

We recently funded nine new research projects involving Lake Superior
and Minnesota's inland lakes.

17th Annual Meeting of the Society for Conservation Biology to be Held
in Duluth, MN, June 28-July 2
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/mar.03/art01.html

An international gathering of more than 1,200 biologists will convene
this summer in Duluth to discuss conservation issues associated with
the interactions between land and water.

Romancing the Sea Lamprey  (Love Potion Number 3KPZS)
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/mar.03/art03.html

A researcher is delving into the root of the romantic language of sea
lamprey and perhaps a key to their management in the Great Lakes.

Giving Exotic Species a Taste of Their Own Medicine
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/mar.03/art07.html

Our latest print run of 1 million business-sized information cards
focuses on the pugnacious rusty crayfish, the diminutive spiny and
fishhook waterfleas, and the fast-growing European frogbit.

Invasive Aquatic Plant Field Guide
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/mar.03/art08.html

"Invasive Aquatic and Wetland Plants Field Guide" is a new publication
that natural resource field personnel and home water gardeners alike
will value.

..plus information on other staff activities and new products/services.
If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive a hard copy of this
publication, please send me your name and street address.  Or, if you'd
like to receive a personal e-mail notification when the Seiche is
available on the web, please send me your e-mail address.  Subscription
is FREE.

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
MN Sea Grant, University of MN - Duluth