This message was not sent by Rich Greenwood, USFWS: GLIN==> So cool a flash,enjoyit

Dear GLIN-Announce Listserve Recipients:

This afternoon, I received numerous messages notifying me that a message
indicating that it was sent by me (my name, my email address) with the
above subject, contained a virus.

I did NOT send out this message.   I didn't have a clue how this could have
happened.   I thank Rob Whall for sending me the possible explanation,
which is attached below.   I have contacted the GLIN-Announce Listserve
Managers regarding this, and hopefully this will be rectified.   Though I
had nothing to do with this, I still apologize for any and all
inconvenience.   Not a pleasant thing to have happen to anyone.

Thanks,

Rich

Richard Greenwood
    USFWS Liaison to USEPA Great Lakes National Program Office
    Team Leader Great Lakes Basin Ecosystem Team
Great Lakes National Program Office
77 West Jackson Blvd. (G-17J)
Chicago, IL 60604
Ph:  312-886-3853  Fax:  312-353-2018
Email:  rich_greenwood@fws.gov or greenwood.richard@epa.gov
http://greatlakes.fws.gov/

----- Forwarded by Rich Greenwood/R3/FWS/DOI on 06/10/03 08:06 PM -----

                      Rob Whall
                      <rwhall1@mindspr         To:      Rich_Greenwood@fws.gov
                      ing.com>                 cc:
                                               Subject: Re: Re: GLIN==> So cool a flash,enjoy it
                      06/10/03 04:51
                      PM

Someone who has your email address in their addressbook may have been
attacked by the klez virus. This one takes two random names from an address
book, assigns the first as the "from" name, and the second as the "to"
name, and sends it out.

Sometimes they die out pretty quickly, other times they go on for days.
Good luck.

Rob W.
I didn't send this Rob .... I don't know what's going on, I have to
contact
GLC.

Rich

Richard Greenwood
    USFWS Liaison to USEPA Great Lakes National Program Office
    Team Leader Great Lakes Basin Ecosystem Team
Great Lakes National Program Office
77 West Jackson Blvd. (G-17J)
Chicago, IL 60604
Ph:  312-886-3853  Fax:  312-353-2018
Email:  rich_greenwood@fws.gov or greenwood.richard@epa.gov
http://greatlakes.fws.gov/

                      Rob Whall

                      <rwhall1@mindspr         To:      Rich_Greenwood
<Rich_Greenwood@fws.gov>
                      ing.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject: Re: GLIN==> So
cool a flash,enjoy it
                      06/10/03 03:45

                      PM

Rich,
This is very unlike your usual emails. Has this been scanned for viruses?

Rob W.