GLIN==> Earthwatch Radio programs for week of 14 July 2003

Monday, 14 July 2003

Earthwatch Radio programs for this week are now available online at:
http://ewradio.org

Massive Changes from Melting Ice -- Snow and ice are disappearing inside
the Arctic Circle, and those changes could affect weather patterns all
around the world. (7/14/03)

The Water We Eat -- The water we drink is just a fraction of the water
we eat. According to one estimate, it takes 700 gallons of water to
produce the meat, fruit and vegetables we eat every day. (7/15/03)

Plastic Poison -- Plastic products are convenient, but an activist says
their manufacture is hard on some communities. (7/16/03)

Founding Principles -- Providing for federal lands is an essential
element of American democracy, according to a new book. (7/17/03)

Wetlands Journey -- An author writes about U.S. wetlands and slogs
through all kinds of them for source material. (7/18/03)

Earthwatch Radio is distributed on CD to more than 125 radio stations,
reading services and other broadcasters throughout North America.
Scripts are sent daily by email, and you can sign up for this free
service at: http://ewradio.org/subscribe.aspx

Earthwatch Radio is a public service of the Sea Grant Institute and the
Gaylord Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies at the University of
Wisconsin-Madison. http://www.wisc.edu