GLIN==> What's New & Noteable, 17 July 2003

Title: GLIN: What's New and Notable
GLIN home.

What's New & Notable, 17 July 2003

For daily Great Lakes news, bookmark www.great-lakes.net/news/

July 2003: Lakes Awareness Month
http://www.epa.gov/owow/lakes/month/

Did you know that the surface area and number of lakes in North America far exceed those of any other continent? In partnership with the North American Lake Management Society and the Great American Secchi Dip-In, EPA has produced a series of outreach and education materials to promote protection of our lakes and watersheds.

Related links:
View the "Clean Lakes and You" poster winner
Interesting lake facts

Revisiting some "great" web sites!
In honor of GLIN's 10th anniversary year, we're highlighting some of our past Site of the Month honorees. These sites have grown along with GLIN and are the key partners that make the regional network a success!
Water Trouble: Michigan's Fresh Water Crisis

This one-hour special leads off with an investigative report followed by a live statewide call-in discussion. Great Lakes water diversion and groundwater uses are among the topics debated. View audio/video
Great Lakes Fish Stocking Database
http://www.glfc.org/fishstocking/

Searchable by year, fish species and lake, this site provides fishery managers, scientists and other interested parties with access to a centralized, comprehensive database of all fish stocked into the Great Lakes from artificial propagation.
Wisconsin's Maritime Trails
http://www.maritimetrails.org/

Centuries of exploration, travel, commerce, and recreation on the Great Lakes have left an impressive trail of maritime cultural resources along Wisconsin's Great Lakes shorelines and bottomlands. Start your explorations here!

Archive

If you're interested in exchanging links with GLIN or furthering your partnership
with the regional network, visit www.great-lakes.net/about/partner.html

Christine Manninen
GLIN Webmaster
Great Lakes Commission