GLIN==> What's New & Notable, 19 September 2003

Title: GLIN: What's New and Notable
GLIN home.

What's New & Notable, 19 September 2003

For daily Great Lakes news, bookmark www.great-lakes.net/news/

On Saturday, September 20, take action to improve the health of the Great Lakes and our waterways!

State event contacts: IL | IN | MI | MN | NY | OH | PA | WI

Related coverage:

  • Federation Calls for Smoking Ban on Chicago Beaches
  • Lake Erie International Coastal Cleanup to Inventory, Collect Trash

  • Revisiting some "great" web sites!
    In honor of GLIN's 10th anniversary year, we're highlighting some of our past Site of the Month honorees. These sites have grown along with GLIN and are the key partners that make the regional network a success!
    Fall Colors in the Great Lakes Region

    As the seasons change in the Great Lakes region, keep up to date on the beautiful fall colors with these helpful resources and links.

    LakeNet -- new, enhanced web site!

    LakeNet is a global network of more than 900 people and organizations in more than 90 countries working for the conservation and sustainable management of lakes. Explore this site to learn more about what is being done locally and globally to conserve and manage lakes, and how you can help.
    Remote Sensing & Geographic Information Services

    The Center at Michigan State University offers state-of-the-art remote sensing, global positioning system, geographic information science and cartographic services to the MSU campus, the state of Michigan, and other agencies. Join them at Tech Week -- Sept. 29-Oct. 3, 2003 -- for introductory geographic technology workshops and more.

    Archive

    If you're interested in exchanging links with GLIN or furthering your partnership
    with the regional network, visit www.great-lakes.net/about/partner.html

    Christine Manninen
    GLIN Webmaster
    Great Lakes Commission