GLIN==> What's New & Notable, October 15, 2003

Title: GLIN: What's New and Notable
View GLIN Interactive Presentation

What's New & Notable,

For daily Great Lakes news, bookmark www.glin.net/news/

GLIN home.

Fall Colors in the Great Lakes Region
www.great-lakes.net/tourism/fallcolor.html

As the seasons change in the Great Lakes region, keep up to date on the beautiful fall colors with these helpful resources and links. Colors are now peaking in many parts of the region!

New York's Great Lakes Initiative for Science and Education
www.esf.edu/glrc/facilities.htm

Plans are underway to expand the current network of field stations, vessels and educational facilities throughout New York’s Great Lakes-St. Lawrence region. Find out more about New York's initiatives.

Revisiting some "great" web sites!
In honor of GLIN's 10th anniversary year, we're highlighting some of our past Site of the Month honorees. These sites have grown along with GLIN and are the key partners that make the regional network a success!
Lake Erie’s dead zone
www.canadiangeographic.ca/magazine/so03/
etcetera/default.asp

Is biological pollution killing Lake Erie? Find out in this month's CG's In-Depth feature.

National Water Research Institute
www.nwri.ca/

NWRI is Canada's preeminent freshwater research facility, the largest in the country with centres on the shores of the Great Lakes in Burlington, Ontario, and in the heart of the Canadian Prairies in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Great Lakes Education Program
www.miseagrant.umich.edu/glep/index.html

This program introduces 4th-grade students to the unique features of the Great Lakes through a combination of classroom learning and hands-on experience.

Archive

If you're interested in exchanging links with GLIN or furthering your partnership
with the regional network, visit www.great-lakes.net/about/partner.html

Christine Manninen
GLIN Webmaster
Great Lakes Commission