GLIN==> Earthwatch Radio programs for week of 27 October 2003

Earthwatch Radio programs for week of DATE MONTH 2003

Monday, 27 October 2003

Earthwatch Radio programs for this week are now available online at:
http://ewradio.org

Learning by Doing - Some ecologists become deeply involved in their
subject.  They're learning more about natural areas by actively
restoring them. (10/27/03)

On the Fire Line - We see spectacular images of blazing wildfires on
television.  But fighting a forest fire can be tedious and dull.
(10/28/03)

Hydrogen History Lesson - Hydrogen fuel cells offer the promise of
clean, safe energy.  But a physicist says we should be perfectly clear
about how clean it really is before we make the switch to a "hydrogen
economy." (10/29/03)

Deep Ice Telescope - Scientists are burying a telescope in the ice of
Antarctica to learn about the far reaches of the universe. (10/30/03)

Rocky Future for Oil - An author sees a future of conflict over oil, and
he warns that shortages could turn today's allies into tomorrow's
enemies. (10/31/03)

Earthwatch Radio is distributed on CD to more than 125 radio stations,
reading services and other broadcasters throughout North America.
Scripts are sent daily by email, and you can sign up for this free
service at: http://ewradio.org/subscribe.aspx

Earthwatch Radio is a public service of the Sea Grant Institute and the
Gaylord Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies at the University of
Wisconsin-Madison: http://www.wisc.edu