GLIN==> Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates Program; please sendthis version instead

Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates at Cleveland State University in Urban Stream Ecology.  We invite applications from undergraduates, freshmen through seniors, to join our environmental science faculty in research emphasizing conservation and restoration of biodiversity in the urban stream ecosystems of northeast Ohio.  This 10-week summer program offers student support ($3,000 stipend for 10 weeks), plus housing (if needed) and lunch daily.  You will participate in an independent research project and be trained in ecological methods, experimental design, and the social, legal, and ethical aspects of urban ecosystem studies.  We also offer career development workshops and mentoring, daily interaction with faculty mentors, and participation with a variety of environmental professionals from governmental agencies and environmental organizations.  Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2004.  Application materials and information are available at:  http://www.csuohio.edu/cestp/Reu/reu.html (web address is case sensitive).  You are welcome to contact Dr. B. Michael Walton at 216-687-3979 or b.walton@csuohio.edu.

http://www.csuohio.edu/cestp/Reu/reu.html

Carol A. Stepien, Ph.D.

Director
Great Lakes Environmental Genetics Lab
Center for Environmental Science, Technology and Policy (CESTP)
Cleveland State University
MC 219
2121 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH   44115
216-523-7311, FAX 216-687-5393
c.stepien@csuohio.edu
http://www.csuohio.edu/cestp/Glegl/glegl.html
http://bgesweb.artscipub.csuohio.edu

(also Assoc. Editor, Journal of Great Lakes Research,
and Editorial Board, Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution)