GLIN==> GIVE WATER A HAND

GIVE WATER A HAND has begun in Northwest Ohio !

The Maumee RAP, TMACOG and 16 local jurisdictions in Northwest Ohio are proud to announce the launch of Give Water a Hand: You Can Make a Difference.  This 18 month campaign is to educate area residents about storm water and other environmental issues, their impact on water quality, and how the average citizen can help. The campaign includes quarterly mailings of a tip card with a free bonus item to every household in partnering jurisdictions throughout the region.

Newspaper, television, and cinema advertisements are also being used to promote the issues in conjunction with each tip card distribution. The Showcase Cinemas in Maumee will be running our first ad on all 18 screens starting Friday (Jan 23, 2004).  Our first television commercials will air on CNN, Fox News, Weather Channel, and Headline News in the mornings this week and on The Discovery Channel and The Learning Channel in the evening.  We will also have print ads in the Suburban Metropress, Blade Neighbors, and Sylvania Herald this week and the Ottawa Hills Village Voice next month.  Press releases, posters, and public service announcements (PSAs) will also be released in conjunction with each tip card distribution.

More information on the campaign and its partners are available at www.MaumeeRAP.org .  Copies of the tip cards, posters, press releases, and advertisements are available for downloading from www.MaumeeRAP.org .  Additional links will be made available as they are distributed each quarter from January 2004 to April 2005.