GLIN==> "Planning for Gulls in Your Community: What's the Poop on Gulls?"

"Planning for Gulls in Your Community: What's the Poop on Gulls?"
Thursday, March 11, 2004
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
We Energies auditorium, 231 W. Michigan Street, Milwaukee

The Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative and the Wisconsin Society for Ornithology will host a symposium on Thursday, March 11, 2004 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. entitled "Planning for Gulls in Your Community: What's the Poop on Gulls?" The meeting will be held at the We Energies auditorium, 231 W. Michigan Street, Milwaukee. Parking is available nearby.

The meeting is open to all who are intererested in gulls with a focus on providing community members dealing with gull issues a complete overview of gull problems, gull management techniques, and legal/permitting issues related to gull control. Community representatives will leave the seminar with an idea of how to proactively plan for gulls in their communities. We are pleased to announce that Dr. Scott Craven from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and UW-Extension will facilitate this meeting.

The registration fee, which includes lunch and a gull management packet, is $25.00, with early registration of $20.00 if received by February 15. Send registration fees (make your check payable to the Wisconsin Society for Ornithology) to William P. Mueller, 1242 S. 45 St., Milwaukee, WI 53214.

For more information, including directions and a list of topics to be covered, please see the Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative (WBCI) website at  http://www.wisconsinbirds.org/gull.htm or contact William P. Mueller, WBCI Issues Committee Chair and Conservation Chair for the Wisconsin Society for Ornithology at the above address, 414-643-7279, or iltlawas@earthlink.net

Please help spread the word about this important symposium by including this notice in your newsletter, on your website, or by forwarding to your e-mail lists.

Thanks! We look forward to seeing you at this event.

Karen Etter Hale, Chair, Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative
Executive Secretary, Madison Audubon Society
222 S Hamilton St, Suite 1
Madison, WI  53703-3201
608/255-BIRD (2473)
608/255-2489 fax