GLIN==> Reminder and Additional Info. USEPA GLNPO Proposals. Due 8 AM,March 29, 2004

Reminder:
The deadline for all Initial Proposals under the USEPA Great Lakes
National Program Office FY2004-2005 Funding Guidance is 8:00 AM  Central
time, Monday morning, March 29, 2004.

Additional Information:
- Any E-mails, including those with attached Initial Proposals, which
are sent to GLNPO the morning of Saturday, March 20 are expected to be
rejected while e-mail service for the entire USEPA Chicago office is
upgraded.

- USEPA's entire website is expected to be unavailable the weekend of
March 27 and 28; however, e-mail service may not be disrupted on those
dates.

- Consequently, we advise you to submit Initial Proposals via e-mail on
business days, rather than on the weekend.  Please subsequently verify
that your Initial Proposal has been received by checking the listing on
our website on Friday, April 2.

Basic Information:
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Great Lakes National Program
Office (GLNPO) is requesting Initial Proposals for projects,
collectively totaling up to $4,180,000, furthering protection and clean
up of the Great Lakes ecosystem. Projects should address Contaminated
Sediments, Pollution Prevention and Toxics Reduction, Habitat
(Ecological) Protection and Restoration, Invasive Species, Strategic or
Emerging Issues, and Other Lakewide Management Plan or Remedial Action
Plan (LaMP/RAP) Priorities.  Initial Proposals are requested through the
"USEPA Great Lakes National Program Office FY2004-2005 Funding
Guidance,"  available at:
 http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/fund/2004guid/

Assistance is available pursuant to Clean Water Act 104(b)(3) for
activities in the Great Lakes Basin and in support of the Great Lakes
Water Quality Agreement.  State pollution control agencies, interstate
agencies, other public or nonprofit private agencies, institutions, and
organizations are eligible to apply.

We request that Initial Proposals be developed using our electronic
Proposal Submission System (PSS2004). The Funding Guidance and the
PSS2004 program are available on the Internet from
http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/fund/2004guid/

To be added to our mailing list which announces and provides information
about our funding opportunities, we request that you register at:
http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/maillist/index.html  For general questions,
please contact Michael Russ.

Michael Russ
USEPA-Great Lakes National Program Office
Program Planning and Budget Team Leader
77 West Jackson Blvd. (G-17J)
Chicago, IL 60604-3590
Phone 312-886-4013