GLIN==> Smog from marine shipping

This report deals with smog precursors from marine shipping
and doesn't mention mercury....but it just came out today and you
may find it of interest.   Great Lakes shipping is explicitly mentioned.

Dear Friends,

Apologies for cross-postings.  I wanted to let you know that Environmental
Defense released a report today called "Smog Alert:  How Commercial
Shipping is Polluting Our Air".  This report documents how commercial
marine shipping pollutes our air, highlighting several ports around the
country, and calls for rigorous national emissions standards.

You can access the full report at:   www.environmentaldefense.org/go/cmv

or, if you prefer there's a 2-page fact sheet at:

http://www.environmentaldefense.org/documents/3811_FactSheet_SmogAlertCommercialShipping.pdf

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want more information!

Best,
Janea

Janea A. Scott
Environmental Defense