GLIN==> Program now available: Great Lakes Commission Annual Meeting, Oct.4-5 in Toronto

The Great Lakes Commission will convene for its 2004 Annual Meeting,
Oct. 4-5 at the Delta Chelsea Hotel in Toronto, Ontario. See
http://www.glc.org/meeting for full meeting details and online
registration. The preliminary program is available at
http://www.glc.org/meeting/details.html

**Register Now**
Registration deadline is Friday, September 17!

Our theme this year is "Celebrating Success, Preparing for the Future!"
It is inspired, in part, by the fast-approaching 50th anniversary of the
Great Lakes Commission and the history of leadership and partnership
exercised by its member states and provinces. It is also inspired by the
many opportunities and challenges that await us  and the entire Great
Lakes-St. Lawrence community  as we work together toward environmental
and economic prosperity.

The business session on October 5 will showcase the Commission's state
and provincial delegations: each will speak to regional success stories
and offer priorities that will shape the Commission's agenda well into
the future. We will also hear from U.S. and Canadian policy leaders,
address member resolutions and policy proposals, and receive updates on
a number of major ongoing studies that have implications for the
protection, restoration and sustainable use of the waters and related
natural resources of our binational Great Lakes-St. Lawrence system.
And, of course, we will have plenty of time for networking and social
activities, including an opening reception and site visits/field trips
on October 4.

The Commission is once again pleased to co-sponsor the opening reception
of the State of the Lakes Ecosystem Conference (SOLEC:
http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/solec), a biennial event that immediately
follows the Commission meeting at the same hotel. Please join us for
this October 5 evening reception, and consider extending your stay
through October 8 to accommodate the SOLEC conference.

Register now at http://www.glc.org/meeting

See you in Toronto!

--
Christine Manninen
Program Manager, Communications & Internet Technology