GLIN==> annual meeting announcement

The Michigan River Alliance invites you to our

Annual Meeting

Friday October 8, 2004

From 1pm to 4pm in Big Rapids

Michigan River Alliance Board Members are excited about the future of our state's rivers and watersheds.  They're excited because they have seen what strong partnerships in other states have accomplished.  You should be energized too - come check out MRA's Annual Meeting, which this year will focus on three major topics:

I. What can an alliance of river groups from across a state accomplish through working together? Come listen to a presentation by Denny Caneff, Executive Director of the River Alliance of Wisconsin to find out.

II. The Michigan River Alliance has recently completed a survey of organizations from across the state.  Help us use the input and build on the strengths of its members in the years to come.  We need your help!

III. Finally, a dam removal success story: James Hegarty, consultant with Prein and Newhoff, will present a case study on the removal of the Big Rapids Dam, followed by a short tour of the site.

RSVP required! Call 734.769.5123 or email lrubin@hrwc.org to reserve your spot and get directions.   The Michigan River Alliance is a statewide coalition of groups and individuals whose mission is to strengthen and unify the voice for river protection and restoration in Michigan.