GLIN==> Ed Hammett Named to Lake Erie Commission Post

NEWS RELEASE
September 17, 2004

Ed Hammett Named To Lake Erie Commission Post

Ed Hammett, a 32-year-veteran of environmental management, conservation and
protection has accepted the executive director's position at the Lake Erie
Commission in Toledo. The commission, comprised of six state agencies,
protects and promotes Lake Erie and its surrounding resources.

"I have always had an intense interest in Lake Erie both personally and
professionally, "Hammett said.  "I look forward to working with the
commission members and staff as we address the challenges facing our Lake."

Ohio EPA Director Christopher Jones, commission chairman, praised the work
Hammett did while he was an Ohio EPA district chief and as interim
executive director of the Lake Erie Commission.

"Ed is a thoughtful person who understands how businesses and a healthy
environment can exist together. I am confident that he will continue his
exemplary service as executive director of the Lake Erie Commission", Jones
said.

In addition to serving as chief of Ohio EPA's Northwest District Office for
16 years, Hammett worked 12 years at the Toledo Metropolitan Area Council
of Governments as well as Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Ohio
Conservation Foundation. He assumed the duties of Lake Erie Commission
interim director last spring.

Other member organizations on the Lake Erie Commission include the Ohio
departments of natural resources, agriculture, transportation, development
and health.

-30-

For Further Information Contact:
Ohio Lake Erie Commission