GLIN==> 2 weeks left- register for coastal wetlands conference

Wisconsin Wetlands Association and Wisconsin Coastal Management Program invite you to attend:

Great Lakes Coastal Wetlands, the 10th Annual Wetland Science Forum

January 26-27, 2005, Radisson Conference Center, Green Bay, WI

Download registration form here

In October of last year, the Council of Great Lakes Governors outlined nine priorities for restoring and protecting the Great Lakes, including the restoration and protection of coastal wetlands. This recognition underscores the need to convene scientists and others working on the Great Lakes to share current knowledge about coastal wetlands, threats to coastal wetlands, research needs and protection strategies. Help build a statewide and regional collaboration for protecting and restoring Wisconsin's coastal wetlands by participating in Great Lakes Coastal Wetlands.  We welcome wetland scientists and researchers, wetland professionals, conservationists, students, and anyone with an interest in coastal wetlands.

>> Detailed conference program now available online

The conference program will include a keynote address, concurrent sessions, working groups, and field trips, all based on a coastal wetlands theme.  Presentations will cover coastal wetland topics such as biodiversity, invasive species, hydrology, monitoring, and restoration.

Program Highlights:

Keynote Address

Effects of Fluctuating Water Levels on Great Lakes Coastal Wetlands, Dr. Douglas Wilcox, USGS Great Lakes Science Center

Sessions

• Biodiversity of Coastal Wetlands           • Large Scale Assessment of Coastal Wetlands

• Tools to Protect Coastal Wetlands        • Special Green Bay Session

• Invasive Species in Coastal Wetlands    • Citizen Involvement in Coastal Wetlands Protection

Field Trips

Green Bay’s West Shore Wetlands

Wetland Restoration on the Oneida Reservation

>> Registration information and forms online
Registration fees (WWA members- $55, non-members- $75, students-$25) include a conference program with abstracts and access to all conference sessions and field trips. Register before December 20, 2004 to take advantage of early bird registration rates (add $10 to your registration after Dec. 20th).  Remember to purchase a banquet ticket along with your registration ($25 per person) – our banquet will be held in the evening of Jan. 26 and will feature a presentation from invited speaker, Dr. Roger Kuhns.

>> Accommodations information online

The Radisson is offering us a group rate of $79 for hotel rooms (same rate for 1-4 people in a room).  To reserve a room, call the Radisson reservations desk at 920-494-7300 and be sure to mention that you’re with the Wisconsin Wetlands Association conference.

>> Questions?

Please contact Laura England, Outreach Programs Director, Wisconsin Wetlands Association

phone: 608.250.9971

email: laura@wiscwetlands.org