GLIN==> Fw: Oceans 2005 deadline for abstracts extended to March 4

Great Lakes papers are welcome and encouraged!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:37 PM
Subject: Oceans 2005 deadline for abstracts extended to March 4

Apologies for cross-postings - please share this information with your colleagues and members

Call for abstracts ? deadline extended to March 4, 2005

www.oceans2005.org

The OCEANS 2005 MTS/IEEE Conference will take place in Washington, D.C. September 19-23, 2005.

"One Ocean" emphasizes the vital need for global cooperation and engagement to protect our internationally connected waters, as well as the critical role that the "One Ocean" plays in global commerce, weather, jobs, food supply, recreation, national defense, and mineral and energy resources. "One Ocean" reinforces the many interrelationships among the scientific and engineering disciplines, and this conference provides an unequal led opportunity to network with colleagues from across the entire spectrum of oceanic and marine interests.

With nearly 100 Areas of Interest at the conference, this will be a unique opportunity to interact with colleagues in all ocean disciplines.

OCEANS 2005 MTS/IEEE will be a major forum for ocean scientists, engineers, industry end users and suppliers, technologists, educators and researchers, policymakers, and the public throughout the world to present their latest research results, state-of?the-art technologies, future concepts, and innovative ideas to their peers and many others who are involved in the future of our "One Ocean."

Call for Technical Papers, Tutorial Sessions, and Student Program: Deadline for submitting abstracts for technical papers has been extended to March 4, 2005.

Exhibition Hall: We have space for over 200 (8?x10?) exhibition booths.  Details are provided on the website and an interactive floor plan shows the Exhibition Hall.

Sponsor Opportunities: We have arranged many opportunities to showcase the ?ocean community? throughout our society.

Education and OutreachAs an important conference element, ocean education, literacy, and outreach will be highlighted throughout the entire program.

 For more information about the conference, to submit abstracts visit the Oceans 2005 website: www.oceans2005.org

--

Nadia Sbeih
NOAA's Ocean Service