GLIN==> Proposed Pennsylvania Mercury Emission Source

The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection is presently
deliberating on a proposed air permit for a proposed coke oven operation in
Cambria County that would be allowed to emit 538 lbs of mercury per
year.    The comment period closed earlier this week, but Ohio EPA did
send in a comment letter dealing with the mercury issue and other
aspects of the proposed permit.

Pennsylvania is a party to the Great Lakes air permitting agreement which
requires best available control technology review for mercury emission sources.
The proposed source would not incorporate BACT for mercury emissions.

Written comments should be mailed to Barbara Hatch, Air Pollution Control
Engineer, Department of Environmental Protection, 400 Waterfront Drive,
Pittsburgh, PA 15222, (412) 442-4000, although the formal comment period
has closed.

I have placed the proposed PA DEP permit for the  Cambria Coke facility at:
http://www.sagady.com/stuff/ProposedCambriaCoke.pdf

I have placed the Ohio EPA air permit section comment letter on Cambria Coke at:
http://www.sagady.com/stuff/OhioEPAonCambriaPACokeOven.pdf

I have not filed comments on this plant, but I was interested in letting others in PA
and in the Great Lakes region know about this proposed air permitting for this
mercury emission source.

Regards,

Alexander J. Sagady
Environmental Consultant

========================================== Alex J. Sagady & Associates http://www.sagady.com

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com